Thursday 2 May 2013

Take one roller skate.. (What happened when Emily Button wanted a scooter)

Remember these...
Well when I bought them they came with a couple of these...
 
 Duffers, destined for the bin, but wait a minute somebody has been saying for ages that Emily Button wants a scooter. In her book she has one made with cotton reels. Little Jam is always asking me to save them but I throw them away forget (because I've no idea about axels and all that stuff).
Hmmm. Could this be what I needed for wheels? In about two minutes I'd got carried away and in my head designed the most fantastic scooter for Emily and her friends. Trouble is sewing and pasting are my things. This looked like a dad kind of job. So I presented Mr Jam with a roller skate, a piece of old wood that came in a chest of drawers and knew hoped he'd go that extra mile for his littlest daughter.
 Little Jam and Emily were duly thrilled with the creation.
You might think it looks a little on the brown side and you'd be right. I had more plans in my head for a respray but no Little Jam likes it as it is which I guess is a bit of a relief.
 Emily's friends queued up for a ride including next door's cheeky cat!
 
 Now Miss Vanilla is looking on, her button eyes ever so slightly green...
there is one lonely roller skate left...


10 comments:

  1. Oh that's so sweet! I think it looks just right as it is - will she be needing a helmet and knee pads next? Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,How clever you are and how lucky Emily and her friends and the neighbors cat is!!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie that is a wonderous little machine to behold.....well done Mr Jammer....has emily received her new bits yet?
    d x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahh that is Fabulous :-) What a smashing idea. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those roller skates take me back, I used to love mine as a child. No wonder Emily is thrilled with her scooter. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius......hope she loves it as much as I loved my skates, such fun to be had! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little sweethearts are so cute......and Mimi has a pair of these I found thrifting and she adores them as she skates through the house ruining the hardwood floors...I say there only little once and I can always look back at the dings and ruts as memories.....Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! and I had those exact roller skates when I was young!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever - I had the very same skates, for ages I had to share with my sister and we had one each x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I love to read your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...