Sunday 14 October 2012

Vintage wallpaper fun

A while ago I was wow-ed by Ada's wallpapered suitcase. From then on everywhere I went I seemed to find suitcases. So I splashed out on some lovely paper from Jane at Teawagon Tales and got pasting. It's been a labour of love cutting round all the fiddly catches but it was worth it. I ran out of paper and had to buy more - thanks Jane for posting it so quickly!
I love my new case. Perfect for housing some of my fabric stash I think as it's currently overflowing like a waterfall from the boxes and towering piles and across the dining room floor. The good news is I've just got more cases out of the attic...
If you fancy having a go why not enter Ada's giveaway (because I stand less chance of winning that's why!) on her blog and win a load of papers.
 On the same theme I got stuffing lavender bags this week. All made from scraps of vintage sheets, they match my cushions.
I've run out of lavender so just ordered some more to get the rest filled.
More making planned this week in preparation for Bridport Vintage Fair this Saturday. If you're local please spread the word!
 Can't stay here any longer as work beckons but look at this cheeky chap who had a very fine lunch today.
Have a good week.
x


16 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it! Love it! Love it!
    You've done a great job there Ellie, much neater than mine! And your lovely vintage sheet goodies! I love your blog, have I told you?!!! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suitcase looks fab you did a great job :) love your makes, how I wish I could pop along to Bridport for the fair
    I love the cute little mouse so sweet xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your suitcase, it's inspired. I have renovated suitcases with paint before but never wallpaper. It looks so good, well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your suitcase looks splendid, and I know what a nightmare cutting round all the fiddly bits is, being half-way through a second case myself (but with fabric) which I wish I'd never started! What a cheeky mouse! Cute though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous makeover! Love those lavender sachets too! Sweet mouse and very daring!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo with the little mouse, looks like the chicken is a bit puzzled! Your suitcase makeover is gorgeous - I'm always on the lookout for a vintage suitcase but never seem to see any here.
    Liz & Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really admire your patience and cutting skills Ellie, the case looks fantastic, bet you're thrilled with it.

    Your neck of the woods always seems to be having some wonderful textile and vintage fairs. How I wish I had a helicopter so I could just whizz down every now and then.

    Just read your previous post too. We had that veggie roast yesterday for the first time since I was a kid at lunch time. On Thursday mum invited us over and had made a quorn mince patty pie, she added red peppers cooked in chilli and garlic which was delicious. Thought might tickle your taste buds.
    Lisa
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, nice to find you, I also buy papers from Jane she is a star! I love your van and would love to own one (would look amazing towing one of my caravans) Looking forward to looking through your posts.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello there - i love your suitcase! i have had one waiting to be covered in fabric for months...but i think i might paper it now- thanks for the inspiration! i also live in dorset so i will look out for you at the fairs...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that suit case and the little stuffed animals... I love it all actually! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some fab ideas there Ellie! I love the cheeky little mouse in the hen pen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been a busy bee I love it all
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the suitcase! Your message on my blog was the kick in the bum I needed to get posting again and I've finally uploaded pics of my summer 50's style wedding at long last! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that suitcase you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! That's a beauty!

    Very inspiring too!

    Up to the attic I go....to drag down a few suitable suitcases....

    Lovely Blog too.

    Bestest wishes

    Daisy J

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well hello there talented lady! Thank you for such a nice time mooching your blog. We are going to try to get along to Bridport at the weekend for the fair so will see you there. xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. I love to read your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...